The Central Government or Regional Director, Noida or any officer authorized by Regional Director may, upon being satisfied on verification of particular or documentary proof attached with the application received along with fee from any person cancel or deactivate the DIN in following cases:
- Where DIN is found to be duplicated in respect of the same person provided the data related to both the DIN shall be merged with the validly retained number
- Where Din was obtained in a wrongful manner or a fraudulent means
- Before cancellation or deactivation of DIN according to clause(b), an opportunity of being heard shall be given to the concerned individual.
- The term ‘Wrongful manner’ means any case where DIN is obtained on the strength of documents that are not legally valid or incomplete are furnished or on suppression of material information or the basis of the wrong certification or by marking misleading or false information or by Misrepresentation.
- The term ‘fraudulent’ means obtaining DIN with an intent to deceive any other person or any authority including the Central Government
- In case of the death of the concerned individual.
- Where the concerned individual has been declared as a person of unsound mind by a competent Court.
- Where the concerned individual has been adjudicated insolvent.
- Where an application made in the Form DIR-5 by the DIN holder to surrender his or her DIN along with a declaration that he has never been appointed as a director in any company and said DIN has been never used for filing any document with any authority.